once in a while...











Here it is, almost seven glorious months since thebirth of baby Jordyn and I am just getting back to blog land. i wasn't sure anyone would read our blog and i was disheartened. i checked in a couple weeks ago, and lo and behold, five blessed friends had left messages. Hope was rekindled in my heart and after reading a couple other friends blogs, i realized what a blessing i think they are. I love seeing pictures. So, if any of you happen to grace us with your presence on our blog again and you have a blog, please let me know, I will be sure to follow.

Like I said, seven months have passed. The baby is sitting well on her own for the last couple months, she scoots her feet around if i "walk" with her, and she is pulling herself over trying to get around. i think she will be crawling in no time. She is a happy baby. I can hear her banging her toys around in the next room. She is safe from the other two for now, as they are eating the neighbor out of popcicles. the icky, sticky, red #40, blue lake #50, genetically-altered-corn-syrup-filled kind that kids find irresistible and they'll have to have the fifth bath in two days when they are done. but, at least taking baths is one chore i don't have to tell them to do more than once.

We have been living with my in-laws since the end of march while remodeling a repo-mobile home. it has more room for our growing family. of course, two months has turned into four and will be five by the time we are in. but it is worth the wait. it had to be completely gutted inside.

Here I am, only three paragraphs in and already i am wondering what else to write. that is probably good enough to be gettin along with. thanks all for reading. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. oh, yeah, lilly starts school next week! yeah. she is so excited. okay, i am too. i never saw myself as the crying at the door, "I can't believe my baby is going to school, she doesn't need me anymore" type, but i have been surprised many times at the hidden stereotypical womanly traits I possess and the times they decide to appear.

Okay, that's good for now. If i wait too much longer someone is going to be needing me and this won't get done at all. Ah, here comes thing #2 now...

Comments

  1. Yay! I am so glad I got to read your post. Thanks for sharing and I hope you write more soon! I know what you mean, though, you really have to squeeze it in...I guess it just gets harder the more "things" you have!

    BTW, It's Lisa, not Jeff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics, Carrie, I'm glad you started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable babies you have! It's nice to see what you are up to. I also blog, feel free to stop by anytime. www.perkesfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending pictures, I love seeing them and reading your blog.
    Wish I could be there for Lilly's first day of school. Tears, you? Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie! You have an adorable family : ) Your girls look a lot like you. It's awesome to see what your are up to these days. I think back to our time together as roommates & have so many regrets. But I'm glad we've reconnected : ) Feel free to check out my family blog at www.thecoonsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog