I forgot I had written back in October, here I go again. Joslyn(10)  is NOT doing cheerleading, she is trying out softball.  Ashlyn decided she wanted to be a soccer "pro" so I signed her up a week ago, then she declared she wants to stay with gymnastics and not be a soccer "pro." Now she wants me to buy gymnastic equipment and "coach" her at home.  She is intense, that is for sure.  She has been practicing her cart-wheels in the living room, only crashing into the dog cage once, having a total melt down Friday night because she was so tired and couldn't get the cart-wheel just right.  By Sunday evening, she was flying through the air with legs straight up, usually making a feet first landing.  We are trying to find a dance studio for Jordyn.  She is not competitive, she is a bit of  a free spirit and dancing might be fun for her.  Lilly is going to do golf for the Middle School this spring
today: we went to church, the kids are in new classes and they like their teachers so far.  We went to check out our house and move sheet rock so the storm shelter can be put in the garage this week.  the house is really coming along.  I feel like i need to be doing homework since i have class in the morning, so i will push this along.  jordyn was flying a tiny dollar store kite in 20 mile an hour wind today, I am surprised it held together. She stood on top of the sand box roof for a good 30 minutes singing and swaying to the music in her head while flying her kite.  Did I mention she is a free spirit?  Lilly is pretty much as tall as me at 13 years old.  Our friends the Clarkes live a few miles from us, it will be sad when we are far away.  It will sure take us a lot longer to get to church from the new house, but closer to other things. 
Midwest city is getting a Warren theater, that will be exciting. 
We saw the movie "The Showman" with Hughe Jackman last Monday, it was fantastic.  The kids have been listening to the music all week. 
The girls have started helping me feed the horses, and I hope it is the start of actually doing something with them.  There is a property close to our new house that I am really hoping we will be able to board the horses at.  It would be awesome.  Lots of open space to ride, fresh running water, close to our place and NO COCKLE BURS! 
i have two semesters left to go, in one year i will be graduated and studying to take the NCLEX.  Wow, time flies. 
I love my family sooo much.  They are amazing, wonderful people and I feel immensely blessed to be their mom and wife.  What a great time to be alive.  I am so thankful for the church and the good people who influence me.  I pray we will keep our girls strong so they can live full, meaningful, happy lives and find good, faithful husbands.   
Jacob is trying the ketogenic diet at this point.  I have lost track of how many different exercise and eating programs he has tried. I think he will be able to keep on this one for a long time, but I do have doubts that he will lose the weight he wants on it, especially with his body type.  but i am so grateful that he wants to be healthy and keeps trying. 
a couple weeks ago, the pond froze over and we had the Clarkes over to slide around.  we saw some small sparkly dead fish and made lots of huge cracks all over the pond.  it was a good 4 inches thick.  it was really fun. 
while we were in colorado visiting my family after christmas, we went ice skating.  ashlyn is very fast.  she fell backwards and hit her head. she didn't even cry,she got up and started skating again for about 15 minutes and then we were tired and went home.  that night she started vomiting and said her head hurt.  the next day and thereafter she was fine.  there was a little snow in colorado, but not the sledding kind but the kids had fun trying on the little hill behind Nonni and Poppi's house. They have an ALEXA and they loved giving it directions, especially "Alexa, play Believer by Imagine Dragons." Repeatedly.  We played a lot of uno.  Jacob made the mistake of getting into politics with my dad.  Grandpa eventually asked them to stop.  My mom said Grandma Ball used to get so mad when they would talk politics.  She isn't here to get made at them anymore.  We all miss her very much. It was great to see grandpa,  I need to figure out how to communicate with him more.  and my dad, too.  ok, i have to finish organizing the office so i can focus on school work.  I have an awesome menu planner with sticky notes now, I am eating super healthy and yesterday was the last day to do any organizing and getting rid of stuff before we move.  Everything else will have to wait until this summer as far as organizing and getting rid of stuff; it's pointless until we move.
oh, we have been watching "a series of unfortunate events" on Netflix.  It is so great, it is so well done.  The second season comes out end of March and we will be having fun with family night. 
ok, this was fun, i think i can do this.  I need to streamline how i get the pictures on here, maybe i can email the ones i want, easier than downloading, i think.  i am not good at technology, but i love this, so i think i'll keep going.  maybe the kids can write some posts, too. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

once in a while...