When Jordyn was three weeks old we found blood in her diaper.  She was diagnosed allergic to cow milk.  So I learned how to cook without it and I got my first goat on Valentine's Day 2010.   It was so traumatic to see blood in a diaper and there was such a change in her behavior after she felt better, that I took the precaution of not eating dairy for a few weeks before and after Ashlyn was born.  Then I had some ice cream, a lot, for a few days , wondering if I was worrying about nothing, because what are the odds that two out of four would have problems.  Well, a few days ago Ahslyn had blood in her diaper.  But, I am prepared and it is pretty easy baking and cooking without dairy.  I enjoy cooking and baking most of the time and I think we eat healthier because I have to plan ahead and not just make nachos or grilled cheese.  It has opened up the world of alternative cooking and we make garbanzo flour muffins, barley and oat flour pancakes (which are amazing) and teff biscuits.  Many are awesome, some not so much.  The bottom picture is white bean puree with spinach pesto sauce.  Kids love it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

once in a while...